The University of Nigeria (UNN) was established in 1955 and is located at Nsukka, Enugu state. It is a federal university owned and operated by the Federal government. It is commonly called UNN due to the location of its main campus at Nsukka although it also has three other campuses: University of Nigeria- Aba Campus, University of Nigeria-Enugu Campus, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital-Ituku-Ozalla and the main campus at Nsukka.
Students of the university often call it by the names of its campuses for example University of Nigeria Enugu Campus is called UNEC, University of Nigeria Nsukka campus is called UNN while the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital is called UNTH.
UNN is the first fully- fledged indigenous and independent university in Nigeria and was modelled to replicate the American Educational system. It has a total of fifteen faculties, one hundred and two academic departments and offers eighty-two undergraduate programs and two hundred and eleven postgraduate programmes.
Direct Entry Admission Criteria
- Applicants with GCE O’level and GCE A’level with credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained in not more than two sittings
- Applicants with GCE O’ level and GCE A’level with credit passes in three subjects at A’level plus a credit pass in any other subject at cedit level obtained in not more than two sittings
- Applicants with GCE O’ level with credit passes in four subjects at principal level obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Applicants with five credit passes including English Language obtained inh GCE/WASCE/NECO plus recognized two-year diploma certificate.
- Applicants with other certificates such as NCE with a minimum of a Merit aggregate plus a credit pass in desired courses to be combined with education, OND or HND upper credit and other post secondary qualification recognized by UNN.
READ ALSO- How To Enroll For Imo State University Postgraduate School, The Requirements And All You Need To Know
Direct Entry Pre- Admission Screening Process
- Prospective students should visit the official website at www.unn.edu.ng or the portal at unnportal.edu.ng
- Create an account then login with your JAMB registration number to generate and download a payment invoice which contains RRR number
- Take the Remita Retrieval Reference no (RRR) payment invoice to any commercial bank to pay the sum of #2000 for pre- admissuon screening form
- Obtain a confirmation slip containing your confirmation and invoice number
- Visit the website again and login with your JAMB registration no then enter the confirmation number and invoice number on the confirmation slip
- Complete the application form online with the necessary information then submit
Check Admission Status
- Visit the website or portal at http://www.unn.edu.ng/20182019-unn-admission-list/
- Enter your username (JAMB no) and password (surname)
- Click the button “Login” to view your admission status
Important Instructions For New Students
- Visit UNN portal at unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Login with your JAMB no to generate a payment invoice and RRR number
- Take the invoice ro any commercial bank and pay the sum of twenty- five thousand Naira (#25,000) for Acceptance fee.
- Obatin a confirmation slip from the bank containing yiur confirmation and invoice number.
- Log into rhe portal again and enter your confirmation number and invoice number
- Print the admission slip and admission letter
- Complete the acceptance form online.