Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Ogun State popularly called FUNAAB is a federal institution located at Abeokuta in Ogun State. It was established on January 1, 1988. FUNAAB started academic operations in 1988 from the initial site at Isale-Igbein in Abeokuta but eventually moved to its permanent site on a 10,000-hectare along the Abeokuta-Ibadan road.
The university has over ten faculties and seventy departments. FUNAAB offers degrees ranging from post-secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate certificates in several disciplines.
UTME Admission Criteria Into FUNAAB Undergraduate Programme
- All applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in O’level in English language, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and Physics obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates applying to study Water Resources Management should possess a credit pass in Geography.
- Applicants must choose FUNAAB as first choice of institution and score a minimum score of 180 or above.
- All applicants must be aged 16 years and above and have good command of English Language.
How To Apply For FUNAAB Post-UTME Pre-Admission Screening
- Interested applicants should check their eligibility status and then if found eligible, should visit the university admission portal at http://admission.unaab.edu.ng/login.php.
- On the homepage, click on “Apply For Admission” then enter your JAMB/UTME registration number hen click submit
- Generate a payment invoice via the Remita platform. Enter your personal details and transaction details such as Your name, Phone number, email address, Name of agency, purpose of payment and method of payment. Print out the invoice which contains a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). Take the invoice to any of the listed banks to pay the sum of N2000 for the Preadmission screening form.
- After payment, proceed to the admission portal to access the e-Application form. Correctly enter your personal details, O’level results and a recent coloured passport photograph (In Jpeg format, red background and passport not more than six months old)
- Upload all the necessary credentials then preview and submit your application. Print out the acknowledgement slip showing your passport photograph.
FUNAAB Post-UTME Screening Date And Venue
Applicants should visit the admission portal to check and print out the exam schedule which contains the venue, date and time to write the exam which will be Computer-based. The Pre-admission screening exercise will be scheduled to hold from Monday 24th –Wednesday 26th September 2018.
How To Calculate FUNAAB Post- UTME Cutoff
The Overall cutoff mark is the mark that determines the likelihood of an applicant being offered admission into the preferred course. It is calculated by adding the following components together.
- JAMB-UTME which is 50%
- Post-UTME Screening Exam which is 30%
- O’level( WAEC/NECO/GCE) which is 20%
Note that A1 carries 6 marks, B2 carries 5 marks, B3 carries 4 marks, C4 carries 3 marks, C5 carries 2 marks while C6 carries only 1 mark. Grades lower than this such as D, E and F carries 0 mark. It should also be noted that only the grades obtained in the relevant subjects to your field are calculated.
FUNAAB Cutoff Mark For All Departments
- 180 – All other courses
- 190 – Computer science, English language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology and all Engineering courses with the exception of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- 200 – Mass communication, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology and Common law
- 220- Nursing science (only one sitting)
- 240 – Medicine (only one sitting)