Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is the premier and oldest university of technology in Nigeria. It is a federal university owned and operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
It was established in 1980 at Owerri, Imo State. The university started academic operations in 1980 with 225 students and 60 staff and at present as about eight colleges or faculties and over fifty departments.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five credit passess including English Language at O’level in not more than two sittings
- Candidates must choose FUTO as first choice of institution and score a minimum of 180 and above in UTME.
- Candidates applying by means of Direct entry must possess either OND/HND/NCE/IJMB in a relevant discipline before they can be cosidered for admission.
- Final selection of candidates is based on candidate’s certificate and direct entry screening result.
FUTO Direct Entry Application Process
- Visit the university’s website at futo.edu.ng
- Click on “Prospective Students” then click on the link “2018/2019 Direct Entry Application”
- Enter your JAMB registration number and generate a payment invoice containing the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
- Take the payment invoice to any commercial Bank and pay the sum of #2000 for the Application Screening Form. Collect a confirmation order or PIN at the bank after payment. You can also pay online using your ATM card
- Return to the Application page and enter your JAMB registration number
- The Application form will be displayed, fill the form correctly, enter your O’level subjects and grades and also your CGPA for the OND/HND/NCE/A’level result grades. Include the institution attended and year then confirm your entries before proceeding to submit
- After submittion, print out your acknowledgement slip
READ ALSO- How To Calculate University Of Ibadan Cut Off Mark For Every Departments And All You Must Know
How To Check DE Admission Status Or Results
- Log into the portal at futo.edu.ng
- Click on “Prospective Students” and enter your JAMB registration number, email and password
- Click on the link “Check Admission Status” to view your result
How To Pay School Fees and Register Courses
- After you must have confirmed your admission, kindly click on the link “Click here to Continue with the Admission Registration and update your O’level results
- Generate a school fees invoice bearing a RRR and proceed to the bank to pay the prescribed fees via Remita platform and obtain a receipt for successful transaction
- Return to the portal with the RRR, enter the session and semester and print out your online School fees Receipt
- Fill the Student Biodata Form on your profile page and submit. Then print the Profile Information slip.
- The next step is to confirm your admission and collect green file and you would need the following documents for that: FUTO Post-UTME Result slip, O’level result, JAMB and FUTO admission letters, school fees receipt, printed copy of the profile slip, validity form with attached passport photograph and signed acceptance letter, birth certificate, confirmation of admission form, local government area identification letter and the necessary credentials (OND/HND/NCE/A’level certificate)
- After confirming your admission and participating in the matriculation ceremony, return to the portal for course registration
- Click on “ Course Registration and select Register courses
- Select the session and semester then submit.
- Select your courses and click on the submit button.
- Print out the Courses Registration form and submit at your department.