Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is the premier and oldest university of technology in Nigeria. It is a federal university owned and operated by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It was established in 1980 at Owerri, Imo State.
The university started academic operations in 1980 with 225 students and 60 staff and at present as about eight colleges or faculties and over fifty departments.
FUTO Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- All applicants must meet the minimum basic requirements of five credit passes including English at O’level in not more than two sittings.
- Applicants wishing to gain admission into the PGD programme must possess a first degree in a relevant discipline with at least a Third class honors from FUTO or any other recognized university or HND certificate minimum of lower credit or above
- Applicants applying for the Master’s programme must possess a university first degree not less than a second class lower division honors from FUTO or any other recognized university or a first degree from a university or polytechnic plus a PGD certificate not less than 2.50 CGPA or its equivalent
- Applicants applying for Master of Business Administration (MBA) must possess a good first degree with at least a third class honors in any area of Science, Technology, Engineering or Management from FUTO or any other recognized university or HND certificate lower credit plus a PGD certificate in a relevant discipline or a university first degree in any fields plus a PGD certificate in a relevant field
- Applicants applying for PhD programme must possess a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA or its equivalent from FUTO or any other recognized university
Method Of Application Into FUTO PG Programme
- Visit the official website at futo.edu.ng
- Click on “Prospective Students” then navigate to PG Application Form 2018/2019
- Click on “Online Application for PG (Regular)CCE (PG)Weekend Programme etc
- Click on “Generate 2018/2019 PG Application Invoice”
- Enter your valid email address then click on the “Sign in” button
- Print out the invoice containing your RRR no (Remita Retrieval Reference) then go to any commercial bank to pay the Application Processing fee of #11,300 via Remita, you can also pay with your debit card
- Return to the PG portal and click on “Fill PG Application Form 2018/2019
- Enter your Remita Number given to you at the bank and fill the Application form correctly. Upload the following documents: First degree certificate (HND or university Statement of Result or certificate), NYSC discharge certificate, O’level result and birth certificate.
- Print out a copy of the Acknowledgement slip after you have submitted the form
- Submission of all academic transcripts must be done not later than Monday, November 5, 2018. Any application not backed up by a transcript will not be considered
Check Admission Status At FUTO PG Postgraduate
- Visit the portal at futo.edu.ng
- Enter your Application number then click on the “Submit” button
- Your admission status will be displayed on the screen.