Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Ogun State popularly called FUNAAB is a federal institution located at Abeokuta in Ogun State. It was established on January 1, 1988. FUNAAB started academic operations in 1988 from the initial site at Isale-Igbein in Abeokuta but eventually moved to its permanent site on a 10,000-hectare along the Abeokuta-Ibadan road. The university has over ten faculties and seventy departments
FUNAAB POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME
FUNAAB school of postgraduate studies was established in 2004 with the mandate of cordinating and improving quality control of PG studies. The PG school is tasked with the responsibility of equipping graduate students with a high level of expertise and professionalism through the teaching of advanced courses, provision of excellent research and library facilities and one on one supervision by highly experienced postgraduate academic staff.
Admission Requirement And Duration Of Study
- Applicants wishing to gain admission into the PGD programme must possess first degree certificate from FUNAAB or any other recognized university or HND certificate with upper credit grade can also apply
- Applicants for Masters programme must possess first degree in relevant discipline from FUNAAB or any other recognized university not less than a second class upper division, applicants with first degree plus PGD certificate can also apply for admission
- Applicants wishing to apply for PhD programme must possess a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or any other recognized university. The Master’s degree must not be less than 60% or 3.50 CGPA
- The duration of PG programme is listed as follows: PGD programme will last for a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters, Master’s programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters for full time students and a minimum 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters for part time students, PhD programme shall last for a minimum of 6 semesters and a maximum of 10 semesters. Applicants for both PhD and academic Master’s are required to submit a Research proposal along with their application form and submit.
FUNAAB PG Application Process
- Applicants should visit the PG Application portal at pg.funaab.edu.ng or pgschool.unaab.edu.ng to start the admission process
- Pay the sum of #15,560 for the Application Form via the Remita platform
FUNAAB School Fees And Registration
- Visit the Pg portal at pg.funaab.edu.ng and generate the prescribed school fees invoice
- Go to any commercial bank and pay the prescribed school fees via the REMITA platform or pay online
- Collect evidence of payment and return to the portal to generate a payment receipt
- Print out the receipt and complete your online registration and register your courses
PG School Fees Schedule
- Full time PGD, Master’s and PhD -#116,825. (COLNAS,COLERM, COPLANT, COLFHEC, COLAMRUD, COLANIM)
- Full time PGD, Master’s and PhD- #130,175 (COLVET),126,825 (COLENG)
- Part time PGD, Masters and PhD – #135,175 (COLNAS, COLERM, COLFHEC, COLAMRUD, COLANIM)
- Part time PGD, Masters and PhD- #140,175 (COLVET), 131,825. (COLENG)
- MBA (#175,175) MEMP (145,175)MICT (#184,425)
- Junior Research fellow #91,175- #95,875.