University of Lagos (Unilag) is one of the federal government research university that is located in Lagos state. The university was established on October 22,1962 in order to attain rapid industrialization and development in the country after independence. The university has two campuses with the main campus located at Akoka in Yaba, Lagos state while the medical campus of the college of medicine is located few kilometres away at Idi-Araba in Surulere also in Lagos state.
The medical campus is also home to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). The university has 14 academic units consisting of several faculties and schools. It also provides residential services and facilu to students and staff. In addition to the different undergraduate programmes, Unilag also has a Distance Learning Institute (DLI) and sought after Postgraduate school. The institution is one of the most competitive in the country and a one of the largest students population. It is amonf the first generation university and is duly accredited by the Nigerian University Commission (NUC).
The governance and administration of the school consists of a senate to preside over academic affairs and a separate council for the college of medicine. The chancellor is the ceremonial head of the university who presents all degrees. The vice chancellor is responsible for the daily running of the university and is accountable to the council. The council is responsible for selecting any vice- chancellor, deputy vice- chancellor and faculty deans.
- All Candidates who selected Unilag as first choice in UTME and scored 200 and above are all qualify for the exercise and admission.
- Candidates must possess five credit passes at one sitting in relevant subjects including maths and English
- Candidates with awaiting results are not eligible neither are candidates not up to sixteen years old by August 2018
How To Apply
- Visit the official university’s website at http://unilag.edu.ng
- Click on admissions then click on post-UTME applications
- Login using your UTME number as your username and surname as your password written in lower case
- Generate and print a payment advice
- Taky the payment advice to any commercial banks to pay for the screening fee at #2000 or pay online using your debit card
- Return to the portal and upload and scan your passport photograph along with your O’ level results.
- Print post-UTME exam pass which you will take with you to the screening venue on the designated date.
How To Obtain Post-UTME Past Questions And Answers
- Enter this url address into your browser http://www.myschoolgist.com/ng/unilag-post-utme-pastquestions/. The website will be displayed on your screen, read carefully and click the download link displayed on the screen to download the past questions
- You can also enter this address into your url http://nigerianscholars.com/school-news/unilag-free-post-utme-past-questions- and answers-download/.
- Visit the website Unilag admission guide by searching for it, click ” Get Post UTME past questions and answers updated for 2018/2019″. Read the instructions carefully ,follow the instructions and make the necessary payments to obtain the past questions and answers.
Unilag is a very competitive university and being admitted depends on a few things such as the following:
- Your O’level results- 20%
- UTME score -50%
- Post-UTME score -30%
You can calculate your score by first dividing your UTME score by eight,divide your post-UTME score by 2 then add together with your O’level results which can be calculated thus:
A1- 4 Points
B2- 3.6 points
B3- 3.2 points
C4 – 2.8 points
C5- 2.4 points
C6- 2.0 points
Candidates who score below 40% shall not be offered admission.