Ebonyi State University (EBSU) was established in Abakaliki in 1999. EBSU offers different academic programmes ranging from pre-degree to postgraduate levels. The university equips students with world class academic education to train them to be technologically inclined, resourceful and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
The history of the university can be traced to 2000 when the university received executive assents to become a full fledged multidisciplinary university with Prof. Fidelis Ogah as the first vice chancellor. After this, four additional faculties were created: faculty of arts, faculty of education, faculty of management and the faculty of social sciences. In 2000, the faculty of law and school of postgraduate and work and study programme were added.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in O’ level (NECO/WASCE/GCE) in not more than two sittings
- Applicants must select EBSU as first choice in UTME conducted by JAMB
- Applicants must score at least 180 in UTME
- Visit the university’s official website portal at portal.ebsu-edu.net.
- Click the “Create Portal Account” link to generate your account
- Select student type (New/Returning) then enter your JAMB registration no
- Click on the submit button to verify your account
- Get the account notification slip bearing your login details. Your JAMB registration no will be the default username and password.
- Update your profile details by first inputting your username and password then login
- Click on the “change password” link to change your password
- Enter the old password followed by the new password then confirm the new password
- Click the “Change password” button
- Submit your registration no to the faculty officer for the students payment verification before generating a payment invoice to pay school fees.
Pay School Fees
- Log into the portal with your username and password
- Select the required session for payment then click on the “Generate payment invoice” button
- Select your level and click on the “Generate payment” button
- Print out the payment Reference invoice then proceed to the bank with the printed invoice to pay
- Give the teller the payment invoice number and obtain an E- tranzact confirmation order pin from the bank.
- Log into the school portal again with your username and password then enter the E-tranzact confirmation order pin
- Select session and click on the PAY button
- Confirm your payment details on the payment confirmation page then click the submit button to generate the school fees receipt
- Click the “Course registration ” link then select “Register courses”
- Register your courses for that semester then click the “Submit” button. Print out the registered courses.
School Fees Schedule For All Students
- Admission screening -#2,500
- Indigenes -#88,000
- Registration fees (Indigenes) -#12,000
- Non indigenes -#128,000
- Registration fees (Non indigenes) -#22,000
How To Check Your Sessional Results
- Visit the official website at https://portal.ebsu-edu.net
- Click the sessional exam item then select the “Click here to view your sessional results” button
- Select the session
- Enter your matric no followed by your pin then click the green submit button
- Your results will be displayed, you can save it or print it out