The National ID Card is a document used to prove someone’s true identity, and country of origin. This card is compulsory when you want to do some transaction; both national and international transaction.
The cost for enrollment is FREE, and people of age 16 are eligible to enroll.
How To Process Your National Identity Card
- Visit any enrollment center.
- You would be given an enrollment form. Fill it accordingly and submit.
- Your details would be inputted into their database, and you would be asked to cross check for errors.
- Your biometrics would be taken.
This is the scanning of your ten finger prints and facial image.
- After successful enrollment, an ID Slip would be offered to you as a prove of enrollment.
- You would be asked to come back for your National Identification Number. The slip given to you previously is not the number. It is just a proof.
The National Identification Number would be given to you after proper processing, and can be used as the real card itself.
- The National ID Card itself would be given to you in 12 month. But let me tell you the truth, people who did their’s in 2015 are yet to be given. That’s the normal way Nigerians do things.
But that slip given to you (the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip) contains the identification number that the real ID card would contain so you can be using it while you wait for them to successful print the ID card which would take forever.
This Enrollment service is available from Monday to Friday by 8am to 4pm.
READ ALSO- Current Cost Of Clearing Cars In Lagos Port Nigeria, The Requirements And All You Must Know
Document Required For Enrollment
These are the documents that would be need to confirm your true identity like your names etc.
You are required to go to the enrollment center with at least one of the following:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
These are the required documents as posted on the NIMC website.
How To Check The Status And Readiness Of Your National Identity Card
Most people applied for the national ID card and do not know that that are to check if the card is ready.
Well, to check the readiness and status of your card, follow the process below.
- Visit the NIMC website.
- Navigate through the page and click on the “NIMC ID Card Status Checker”.
- Click on the Proceed button that appears on the next page.
- Fill the form that appears on your screen.
Input correctly your First name, Last name and the last 6 Digit of your National Identification Number.
- Click on the ” Check Now” tab.
The status of your NIMC card would be fetched after a few seconds.
Everyone is expected to have the National ID card as soon as you get to the approved age. The government has made it easy to enroll by making it free of charge.
Get yours today