In today’s technology driven society, mobile money business is becoming more and more popular in Nigeria and many more people have started going into it already. Many are looking for ways to make money and mobile money has made it available for the populace to benefit from.
Few months ago, MTN launched their Mobile money transfer service in Nigeria and while some people are enjoying the benefit, some are wondering how it works and how to become MTN MoMo Agent.
Today’s article will covers all you need to know and how to become an agent. And also, you can use MTN Mobile Money (momo) to send and receive money, top-up MTN airtime, and pay bills (DStv, MTN Postpaid, School fees and more), you can pay employee salaries, buy & pay for insurance, you can pay for airline tickets and other goods and services.
The MTN MoMo service is a wallet provided by MTN that enables anyone to Send and receive money, make bills payments, recharge airtime and receive bonuses, make school fee payment and pay for goods at a supermarket.
A MoMo Agent
What you need to know is that MoMo Agents are just retail outlets right next to you in your own neighborhood that renders agency financial services to all customers.
Therefore, as a MoMo Agent, the services you perform will includes: the Opening of Accounts, allowing customers to make Cash withdrawal, Cash deposit, making bill payments, money transfer and many more across Nigeria.
The Benefits Of Becoming A MoMo Agent
- It works with basic mobile phones
- You don’t need any internet to perform transaction
- It’s convenient & simpler alternative to regular banking transactions
The Requirements To Become A MTN MoMo Agent
To Become An Agent
- You must have an existing business or willing to invest in agency business
- You must have a Brick & Mortar/Immovable retail shop e.g. a Pharmacy, or a Shop located in high foot traffic area
- You must have viable means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport or Voters card)
- You must be ready to provide 1 passport photograph.
- You must be capable to provide a Working Capital of N20,000 and above.
- And as a requirement, you will fill the MOMO Authentication Question form. To apply, please visit the closest MTN office to your location to pick up the form, fill and then submit.
- Once done, you’ll be contacted by MTN on the next step if you are qualified.
The Next Thing After Application
Once your application is submitted, note that the documentation processing will take some time. And because of this, please be aware that:
- The only mode of communication from MTN to applicants is through the phone and email
- All applicants shall be put under scrutiny. However, this is to confirm the adherence of applicants to the rules regarding all requirements
- Also, presenting fake details and/or documentation will only lead to MTN rejecting your application.
- In case you have been successfully vetted and cleared, you will be informed of the status of your application through your Email or phone.
- Note that it may take up to 15 to 20 working days for a successful application to be processed.
- All successful applicants will be informed of the status of their application via Email or phone.
Here are all you need to know about becoming a MoMo agent in Nigeria. And also, as an MTN MoMo Agent, you receive different commission that act as a source of profit for your business.